I think the title says it all, don’t you?
I’ve come across so many horrific murders within the trans community over the past year or so. Of course these murders have been happening since the beginning of time, but it seems that 2016 was such a tumultuous year filled with hate. I think what upsets me the most is that these women were living their lives the best way they knew how, and someone who didn’t understand or respect that choice, killed them. My anger also comes from the christian community, because those are the main people who repeat the Bible as if they wrote it themselves but bring up anything about the LGBTQ community and it’s pure blasphemy. I went to church for a long time (more like I was dragged by my mom) nonetheless I do not recall hearing anything in the Bible that states that it’s fine to judge someone based on their lifestyle, inform them that hell will be their next home, disown them, or even go as far as to kill them. If you don’t agree with their life or their sexual choices, that’s fine, we are all different, we will NOT agree on everything, but why does it upset you so much?? How does it affect your money? Your job? Your kids? Your life? Your bills?
It is not YOUR job to judge, from what I remember there is only ONE person that can do that.
I always seem to upset people when I bring this topic up, but whoever gets to point where they feel the need to spew hate, go on homophobic rants, beat up a gay or lesbian individual, or even kill someone of the LGBTQ community, then that makes me think that they have sooooo much hate for them because those individuals are so comfortable in their own skin. And it seems like that upsets you because you may have some unsorted feelings about your sexuality. HINT HINT……But hey that’s none of my business.
Take a look at the following women who were murdered in 2016. Of course this list can be wayyyy longer because let’s be honest the media doesn’t focus on THIS kind of news, so there could be hundreds, maybe even thousands more.
- Monica Loera, from Austin Texas, died on January 22, 2016
- Jasmine Sierra, from Bakersfield California, died on January 22, 2016
- Kayden Clarke (24), from Mesa Arizona, died on February 4, 2016
- Veronica Banks Cano, from Philly Pennsylvania, died on February 19, 2016
- Maya Young (24), from Philly Pennsylvania, died on February 20, 2016
- Demarks Stansberry (30), from Baton Rouge Louisana, died on February 27, 2016
- Kedarie/Kandicee Johnson (16), from Burlington Iowa, died on March 2, 2016
- Quartney Davia Dawson-Yochum (32), from Los Angeles California, died on March 23, 2016
- Shante Isaac (34), from Houston Texa, died on April 10, 2016
- Keyonna Blakeney (22), from Rockville Maryland, died on April 16, 2016
- Tyreece “Reecey” Walker (32), from Wichita Kansas, died on May 1, 2016
- Mercedes Successful (32), from Haines City Florida, died on May15, 2016
- Amos Beede (38), from Burlington Vermont, died on May 25,2016
- Goddess Diamond (20), from New Orleans Louisiana, died on June 5, 2016
- Deeniquia Dodds (22), from Washington DC, died on July 13,2016
- Dee Whigham (25), from Biloxi Mississippi, died on July 23, 2016
- Skye MOckabee (26), from Cleveland Ohio, died on July 30, 2016
- Erykah Tijerina (36), from El Paso Texas, died on August 8, 2016
- Rae’Lynn Thomas (28), from Columbus Ohio, died on August 10, 2016
- Lexxi T. Sironen (43), from Waterville Maine, died on September 6, 2016
- T.T, from Chicago Illinois, died on September 11, 2016
- Crystal Edmonds (32), from Baltimore Maryland, died on September 16, 2016
- Jazz Alford (30), from Birmingham Alabama, died on September 23, 2016
- Brandi Bledsoe (32), from Cleveland Ohio, died on October 8, 2016
- Sierra/Simon Bush (18), from Idaho City Idaho, died on October 22, 2016
- Noony Norwood (30), from Richmond Virginia, died on November 6, 2016
- India Monroe (29), from Newport News Virgina, died on December 21, 2016
SAY THEIR NAMES, THEY DESERVE THAT MUCH!